Sunday, July 25, 2010

The highlight of my weekend











Gabe was so stable throughout the day yesterday that they let me bathe him and hold him!!!!!! It was so amazing and wonderful to actually be a mommy to my little boy!! Jeff got to change a pee-pee diaper! He was so good at it, that I think he should be on permanent diaper duty!


They did adjust his ventilator again yesterday. It seems he was doing so well breathing on his own that it would require that they extubate him. Ordinarily this would be awesome, but since he is still on the Alprostadil to keep his valve open, he will still have moments of apnea. We don't want another "thursday night" so they have changed the ventilator to do most of the breathing for him. Hopefully he will be well enough after surgery on Wednesday to breathe on his own. We'll see... in the meantime here are more pictures of the little guy. I will update on today's events later on this evening or tomorrow morning.






No comments:

Post a Comment