Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Flood


Jeff and I wanted to post that our thoughts and prayers go out to all that have suffered a loss in the devastating flood. We were very lucky in White House. I am so proud to say that I am a Tennessean. Our state and its people have really shown an immense amount of class in the face of such a tragedy. Their resilience and determination to overcome this devastation should truly be applauded.



I have attached a few pictures of the flooding in downtown Nashville. I took these from my office window the Monday after the rain had moved out. The first is of the Cumberland River. At this stage it was still rising.


This next one is of the Cumberland River at Riverfront Park. Across from LP Field. The parking lot at LP was completely underwater and the water was making its way to the field.

The one below is of the Farmer's Market on 8th Ave.



No comments:

Post a Comment