Sunday, April 25, 2010

My first OB Visit Post-Diagnosis

On April 5, 2010 I went to see my Obstetrician, Dr. Kyzer. This was my last visit with Dr. Kyzer (until post-delivery). Dr. Kyzer does not have Vanderbilt privileges, therefore, I am being referred to a new OB that will be able to deliver Gabe there. I am also being transferred to a second OB that I will be treating with as well. This other OB is with a high risk group at Vanderbilt. They will monitor the baby a little more closely, whereas my principal OB will handle routine obstetrical care and deliver Gabe once I am in labor. I am really saddened by the fact that Dr. Kyzer will not be delivering Gabe. I have been with her for 18 years. She delivered Jessie and quite honestly, I only trust her. It will be difficult for me to open up to another doctor (especially under these circumstances).

The appointment itself went well. I'm gaining weight quite well (too well)! Gabe's heart rate was in the 150's and the growth of my abdomen measured normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment